
My goal for the past couple of years has been to undergo a transformation similar to Ryan Reynolds' for Blade Trinity. After a couple of years of experimenting with various supplements, diets, workout regimens, trainers, etc. I think I've found the optimal combination.
I had to work in the opposite direction as Ryan - from what I read he was extremely thin and had to eat so often that he even got up in the middle of the night to eat. For me it was a matter of cutting body fat without losing the muscle mass that I had. My eating schedule stayed pretty much the same, I just had to change the composition. His diet sounded similar to mine/Paleo - no sugar, no salt, no starches, lots of nuts/seeds and fruit, etc.
All in all, I feel I've made more progress towards my goal in the past 2 months than in the entire 3-4 years prior. The combination of Paleo dieting and Crossfit (with some MMA/boxing cross-training, and minimal supplementation) in my opinion has proven far more effective for me than any other combination of diet, workout routine, and supplementation.