Monday, June 21, 2010

Rob Orlando pushing the limits of the human body

According to this article, Rob Orlando - strong man and elite Crossfitter - is now running a sub 6 minute mile and is down to 185 lbs while still back squatting over 600 lbs. This guy defies logic.

I've often thought to myself that what you're seeing with Crossfit is such quick and dramatic adaptation of the human body, that its almost as if we're observing evolution in a compressed timeframe that makes it "visible to the naked eye." Any questions about the effectiveness of Crossfit should be adequately addressed by this unbelievable human specimen.

That being said - I believe that Crossfit should be stressing drug testing more at this point. Its not that I don't believe the claims that are being made. However, Crossfit is a very confrontational philosophy, and the community has been very aggressive in their claims. I would imagine there are individuals who would like to see those claims tarnished, and all it would take would be Rob or another elite athlete being suspected of using PEDs to undo several years of hard work built up by the Crossfit community. Its in the Crossfit community's best interest to ensure that PEDs don't ever become in issue.

blog comments powered by Disqus